• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

a little problem we may all share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Where to begin with this story I have been partying very frequently for the past few years and decided to change things start of this year so i began eating properly started exercising 6 times a week and as a result lost 13 kilos so am 80kg now and also gave up the pills and cut my smoking down to 1 2 times a week im now in month 5. i have found myself to feel not right and not happy with life even though things are going great, my stamina for drinking has now gone and get plastered off 3 now as opposed to 12. i think i am caught between right and wrong and now find not to be right when i drink even though i persistently still keep on giving it a go. i also believe the depression comes from regretting the past. i am now 24 and just want to know is this normal? any advice would be gladly appreciated. thanks.

You're on a healthier path now. Ultimately your body will thank you for this, and in turn your mind should too. I think it takes some getting used to, and its this way for a lot of people, all the free time that may be present now. You may feel empty because you haven't filled the "void" that your past habits may have left. You need to find something productive to do, a hobby to get into, learn an art...etc

As far as regretting the past goes, that's also part of being human. You can't change the past, you can only learn from it. Don't dwell on it or it can consume you.

Depression isn't something that is fixed instantly like switching off a light. If you need to and can, you might want to talk to somebody. Even if its just someone you truly trust, it helps.

Good luck and God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.